Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Review of “But I Can’t Do Anything Else!”: The Art of Rob Schrab!,

 Review of

“But I Can’t Do Anything Else!”: The Art of Rob Schrab!, ISBN 9781607063629

Five out of five stars

A bit of demented entertainment

Most of the artwork in this book depicts wild robots capable of maiming almost anything. What isn’t a robot is most often a vicious lizard monster with tentacles and huge teeth. The images also have a short caption of text to emphasize the point.

 My two favorites are the robot dog with the caption, “My dog can eat your dog,” and the robot with the head of a lamprey and whirling slicers for hands. The caption there is, “Allow me to introduce my hemoglobin extracting androids … or as I prefer to call them … hemo-roids.”

 Often gross and certainly not meant to be viewed by anyone that cannot tolerate the sick and twisted, this is some entertaining artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment