Sunday, October 3, 2021

Review of "I’ve Got Tears in My Ears from Lyin’ on My Back in My Bed While I Cry Over You …," compiled by Paula Schwed

 Review of

I’ve Got Tears in My Ears from Lyin’ on My Back in My Bed While I Cry Over You …, compiled by Paula Schwed ISBN 0836279999

Four out of five stars

(Un)usual lyrics from country songs

 Country songs generally follow a few themes, yet each song is usually unique. This book contains lyric snippets from country songs that the compiler considered unusual. Most are very good and focus on aspects of love relationships.

For example, two of them are “My tears have washed ‘I love you’ from the blackboard of my heart” and “You’d make an angel want to cheat.” In the not so great, there is, “If I don’t love you, grits ain’t groceries.”

 Even if you are not a fan of country music, which describes me, you can still appreciate the creative metaphors for life found in these lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment