Friday, October 21, 2022

Review of "Baseball Wit," by Bill Adler

 Review of

Baseball Wit, by Bill Adler

Five out of five stars

The funniest sports book I have ever read

Baseball is unlike any other sport in that the people who make their living in it seem to be funnier than those in other sports. Adler has collected some of the best anecdotes about this wonderful game and while knowledge of the sport is helpful to enjoy them, it is not necessary. Of course, the two masters, Yogi Berra and Casey Stengel, are well represented. Classics like, “It gets late early out there” and “It’s so crowded, nobody goes there anymore” still make me laugh after reading or hearing them scores of times.

 I love baseball and I love to laugh. I experienced both when I read this book. It is the funniest sports book that I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment